The ASAP Tutoring Center is open and ready to help during the 2015 Summer semester! Tutors are available in person and online in a variety of subjects, including math, writing, reading, biology, and computer skills.
Drop into our labs during operational hours for personalized assistance in one of our tutored subject areas. On the Beaufort Campus, the Writing/Reading Lab is located in Building 9, Room 127, and the Math Lab can be found in Building 9, Room 101. To find out about tutoring on other TCL campuses, call the Tutoring Center at 843-525-8221 or visit our website at www.tcl.edu/tutoring for schedules. Appointments are not required, but if you would like to schedule a specific timeslot, you may call the Tutoring Center or book online at http://libguides.tcl.edu/tutorschedules.
We offer a variety of online tutoring services for those times when you can’t make it to campus. If you would like to meet with a TCL tutor online, we can set up a tutoring session using an online classroom. accessible from another campus or from home–all you need is a computer with an Internet connection and a headset with a microphone. You also have the option to upload a paper to the Writing/Reading Lab and receive a tutor’s comments via TCL email. Need assistance when the Tutoring Center is closed? Try Smarthinking, an online tutoring service accessible 24/7 via your Blackboard account for those times when you need tutoring in the middle of the night. We can also refer you to other free online learning resources like Khan Academy and LearningExpress Library if you would like additional tools for math, English, and other subject areas.
What should you expect from the ASAP Tutoring Labs?
- Individual assistance as you work through your assignments
- Helpful, courteous, and competent assistance
- Improvement in your overall academic ability after repeat visits
These tutoring services are FREE and are available to all TCL students, including dual-enrollment students and distance learners. Students do not have to be enrolled in a course related to the subject in order to seek tutoring. Want to brush up on basic math skills before the Compass test? No problem! Our math tutors are ready to help.
What else should you know?
- Bring a specific assignment to work on along with any ideas, notes, and any other relevant materials such as a syllabus or grading rubric.
- Be prepared to take an active role in your sessions. Let the tutor know what concerns you most and what you’d like to focus on.
- Drop-ins are always welcome, but in order to reserve a specific timeslot you may want to schedule appointments in advance.
- We look forward to working with you soon!